Monday, January 16, 2012

Taking A New Avenue

While in high school, I managed to get my first job at the local multi-screen theater.  That is where I encountered extra money to be made out in the parking lot.  I would hang with a group of guys in high school that weren't able to belong to some clique like myself and they allowed me to hang with them also.  A couple of the guys came to school one day bragging how they got hired at the theater.  I thought to myself that if guys like them could get a job there so could I.  So I went up there, applied, got hired, and started working there expecting to see the other guys there.  In reality, they didn't get hired.  I came to school and told them that I got hired and they didn't take it too lightly, but I was still allowed to associate with them.  After a year, I moved on to a local grocery store called Handy Andy.  While working there, I had my eye on a blonde with big breasticles, but I just didn't know how to approach her.  I wasn't able to learn from my brother because he and I had little association with each other and we didn't talk about things like that to start with.  This blonde had her eye on me as well because she made things a little easier for me to talk to.  The one thing I told myself that I would never do is to date someone from the same high school I was in.  For those reasons why, read, "The Train Runs No More".  I didn't want any testosterone levels to increase, I didn't want gossip, I didn't want any of that crap.  Eventually, she and I were together every night of the week.  And my hormone levels were rampant and so were hers.  After working there a while, I had injured my back to the point that one day while at work, my legs just fell out from under me.  I had to be carried to my car and I drove home.  The pain was so bad that by the time I got home, my legs would not move.  I was taken to the hospital and eight surgeons were looking at me all chanting, "Let's cut!  Let's cut!"  Only my orthopedic surgeon explained that I was too young to have my discs removed.  He started me on physical therapy for three weeks and then released me from the hospital only to continue therapy for the next year.  I wasn't even able to drive a car.  After six months of doctors care, I was walking on my own again and the doctor told me that I need to get used to living with mommy and daddy from here on out.  I didn't cotton to that too well, so I began riding a bicycle.  I started off with an eight mile trip, increasing to ten.  I moved on to twenty and then after a while, I was riding fifty miles a day.  In the meantime, I kept reflecting on my girlfriend and how good looking she was and where I would be in life with mommy and daddy's support.  My mother also had made a statement that this being my first girlfriend, how did I know she was the one.  After all of my reflection, I stupidly sent my girlfriend on her way.  Mistake.  BIG MISTAKE.  From that point on, I took a new avenue, being bored with nothing to do and I fell into the wrong crowd by being introduced by one of my so called friends from school.  Because I had chosen to get closer to that element, my friend was no longer.  But, the things I would do for them, my repayment was in something I enjoyed and kept going back for more.  My mother always said, "If you play with trash it will fall in your eye every time".  I played with trash and it fell in my eye.  So when you choose an undesirable path, be ready to lose all the friends that you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment