Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dream Fulfilled

I had the job of my dreams.  Actually, my dream was like that of every young child; to grow up and either be a spaceman or be the President of the United States.  At least that is what the teachers were trying to do with students in those days.  They were trying to broaden the students imaginations and possibilities of what could be.  Today, teachers aren't only there to teach reading, writing, and arithmetic.  They are there to impress their morality upon you, their politics, and their religious views.  As a student, if you did not accept their views of how life should be, then you received a low grade in the work performed.  Even more to the point, teachers are becoming more like the priesthood.  The people we entrust the most with the safety of our children are the very ones that take advantage of them and molest them.  In the priesthood, a child molester would hide out there.  Who would ever suspect a priest of any wrong doing such as that?  More and more, the teaching profession is becoming the same way.  They prey on the weak and those being entrusted to them.  It's all about trust.

I dreamed of being a spaceman and I came close.  I built airplanes, missiles, and spacecraft.  To be an astronaut I had to have thirty five thousand flight hours and a least a bachelor's of science degree in space aeronautics. I wasn't able to get into the military and I didn't have the money to continue my education.  However, I am still satisfied.  I was able to build spacecraft that we shot off to Jupiter and beyond.  With my field, I was able to get out of the small, crappy little city of San Antonio where things remained the same with little or no progress of the longest time.  I traveled throughout the United States, I lived with different cultures of the United States, and I have not remained so narrow minded as those I left behind, those afraid to leave the surroundings that they were comfortable with.  I haven't been able to do all things, but I have been able to do many.  I haven't been able to accomplish all things, but I have been able to accomplish many.  I have not gotten rich, but I have become comfortable.  I have no wants for anything especially for those belonging to religious cults that are so eaten up with worshiping GOD, praising the LORD, fellow-shipping, and performing missions to somewhere either helping or praying for people in some far off land instead of trying to help those in need right here in the United States, those that are so religious that they couldn't say shit if they had a mouth full of it.  I have my own beliefs and I help all people instead of those that I feel might win me a mark with GOD.  And best of all I am satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment