Monday, February 13, 2012

They Never Give Up

Some how one of the dumb asses in high school who used to get picked on just like me and bullied once in a while was able to contact me by letter when I was in St. Louis, Mo.  He was one of twin brothers that I went to high school with.  As a child, we would ride our bicycles together around the neighborhood and we attended catechism together. I used to go over to his house to get him to go riding and there his father would be sitting in his lounge chair watching television in his underwear and drinking beer way past drunkenness.  It didn't matter if the daughter was in the house, he was still in the front room in his underwear.  It didn't matter if visitors came over, he's still in his underwear.  I don't believe I ever met the man when he was sober.  The daughter wound up marrying the first thing that came along just to get out of the house-her second cousin.  The only difference between this guy and I was he joined the school football team as a coaches assistant-a butt wipe to all the football players.  And they picked on him to no end. 

He had reached me right when I was going through a layoff at the aircraft plant there.  I sat down and read his letter.  Then I read it again, this time reading between the lines.  The last time I was contacted about a high school reunion and I called back to find out when and where, the person that I was speaking with did not recognize the name I was using at the time, but when discovering who I was, she hung up.  Now, reading this letter, he was only contacting be because he was urged to do so by the rest of the cronies there to see if I committed suicide yet.  I threw his letter away, never let it effect me, and I moved on through the lay off without any help from anyone else.  Years later, I was contacted again by the same guy, not only by phone, but also by email.  By phone, I spoke with him about five minutes or less, and I gave him too much information-I'm still alive-and then I followed up with a reply to his email.  He never answered back.  It was only a ploy by the "others" in high school, still using him as a dumb ass, to find out if I was still alive.  They never give up.  They feel that by ostracizing me from the class reunion will in some way effect me.  I refused to give them any energy when I went to school with them.  Why would I want to give them any now that I am way out of school having built a more responsible "life"?  Thet never give up and they never will give up.  I have found out that several of them have died off from poor health, others are locked up in the joint, and others themselves have committed suicide.  I on the other hand am in good health and plan on defying their wishes.  It all depends on the amount of energy that you want to apply to it.  I have never looked back.  I have always moved forward.  With or without their entity they rely upon called God, if heathens like them use their god as their staff, I will choose another entity and do with it what I think best.  So far, I have managed not to fulfill their wishes, but to carry on a happier life than I had then, despite all the odds thrown at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment